Sunday 27 July 2014

A card I made recently.....

I made this card recently for a very 'young' and trendy 70 year old....my instructions were to make it clean and simple...the word used was minimilistic..with bright colours, even weird combinations of colours..here's my take on that:- I started off with 2 sheets of A3 black card as large cards need to be extra stable - so this gave me an A4 size card....I have boxes to fit this size as well as 6 x 8". Then a layer of orange (brand unknown) - a layer of Certainly Celery - and a layer of cerise (unknown brand). then I popped a rectangle of Grafic 45 Birdsong 'umbrellas' over a little larger rectangle of black again. I then adhered more of the umbrella card unto thicker card and cut out the umbrellas to give me enough to put a little spread of them in the bottom right hand corner to balance the tag....the tag is from Waltzingmouse and it is to be found here http://www.waltzingmousestamps.com/products/folding-tag-die-set - I put the recipient's name on the front of it and a little message inside...love the way it folds up to hide the message. Inside was a very simple wording as 10 people were going to sign and leave their personal greetings. I decorated the box as well and popped it all into a gift bag which I had used my leftover strips of paper on with some black curling ribbon. Hope you like it!

2 comments:

  1. Lots of effort to create this very special card. You certainly fulfilled your mission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done, Joyce - less is more as you get older it seems love the bright umbrella paper.
    Good to see you posting again. you need to add a "follow by email" gadget (do it on gadgets on layout page) to your sidebar so we can know when you have posted...love Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete