Saturday 31 January 2015

Hello - and apologies!

I do apologise for my lack of posts.....been trying to take a little break but also trying to do some writing - hoping to post a few photos of my most recent work...our weather is very cold and I just wish it would take itself off somewhere else and let us get on with Spring but imagine I'll have to wait a wee while yet. I liked the words of this piece of calligraphy and they were written by an American, George Washington Carver, who was a botanist (hence the 'ferns' down the side) educator and inventor. I used Fabriano Artistico watercolour paper (very thick) and sponged the background with the green and also a very pale purple which are the two colours of the silk which is down the left hand side.....someone very kindly sent me a little bag of offcuts and they are little gems....this is the first one I have used and it looks so well in reality. The metal ferns are die cut from Meadow Green dies from Papertrey...then stamped in Brilliance Pearlescent Ivy ink - you won't see this but it is there. Best wishes to all. Joyce

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Joyce. I love the saying and your lovely additions. I'm so glad you got your blog working again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wonderful work, Joyce...

    Well done on leaves and silk... great words as you say, beautiful!!!
    Would love to send you some of our lovely warm summery weather, have swum four out of seven days.
    Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete