Thursday 24 June 2010

Baby Hanger 2





Hello - thought I would make a Baby Hanger for those who don't do calligraphy. I've made lots of these in the past and sold them at craft fairs. I chose red just to be different and get away from pink and blue. I would like to make one in 'Certainly Celery' but I don't have any of the right colour of ribbon for that. That's the only SU ink colour I have and I really like it.
First of all I stamped the initials for BABY with a Serendipity Alphabet which I've had for years (it doesn't have to be babyish) with Staz On Blazing Red (I feel there is a hint of pink in it though) on Fabriano Artistico, yes, I'm using it again as it is so smooth for lots of things. Then I cut the squares out with a Spellbinders Classic Square....and I also cut out 4 more squares as well for the backs. In the middle I have used a square of mountboard (matboard if you are in the U.S) to make it sturdy - stick the mountboard to the back of the initialed square - then place these initialled squares on the ribbon and when happy with the placement stick them down with double sided tape. Then on each of the blank squares I stamped the little journaling lines from Waltzingmouse 'Stars' set - I only stamped the lines once on the top and bottom one and doubled that on the 2nd and 3rd ones. Now you could do lots of things to pretty up the 'back' but remember it is going to be written on and white space is also important. Now all that is left to do is to turn down the top of the ribbon and put it through a curtain ring....make some bows for both back and front and you're done! If you want you can make a box and a gift bag to present the gift....you can casually handwrite the baby details if you wish or leave it all for Mother to do...If you write the details I suggest you use the bottom square to say who the gift is from.
Any alphabet can be used with this idea....hmmmmmm watch out on 1st July - Claire is peeking an alphabet/monogram set with what looks like a damask image too...perfect for this gift.

1 comment:

  1. This is a lovely idea - I do like the red - I'd never have thought of using it before!

    ReplyDelete