Wednesday 9 June 2010

WMS Sketch Challenge


Here is my card for this challenge.
It has a cream hammer base...the next layer has been stamped around the edges with Faux Fun 'lacy bookmark' (as I call it). Stamped the corners with the point of it, masked them and then stamp the straight sides. Then stamped the little leaf from Faux Vintage Circles in the centre and give them a lift with some diamante. The next layer with the aperture is edged with velvet ribbon (drat one side is crooked). The label is from Stampington's 'Paris' embossed in midnight black powder. The sentiment is from Papertrey Scattered Showers - the only one I could find to fit the space...and finally the silver filigree embellishment replaces a button....a black button looked too dull for this.
My thanks to Bernie for sending me a plethora of photos to choose from. This is the first time I've ever used a sketch...it really does make me think....and when you look at all the cards on display isn't it amazing just how many different cards you can get from one sketch.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful Joyce, I love how you did the corners! Genius!, so going to do that!! Thank you for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an absolutely fabulous card, Joyce - I love it! So elegant and what excellent use of the Waltzingmouse Stamps! This is exquisite!

    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorites in the challenge--gorgeous!

    [Another] Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, so elegant and pretty. Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the black and cream - your border stamping looks super - a beautiful card using the WMS sketch! thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh its lovely Joyce - that black lace border is scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you folks....glad you liked it...it's not perfect....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to try to recreate the corners this weekend - what an inspiration!! You are a genius!

    ReplyDelete