Wednesday 16 June 2010

Leisure




This is the framed manuscript which accompanies yesterday's offering and I understand they hang together. Thank you to Liam who has permitted me to post these. Thanks to Bernie for the photo.
I did already have a scan and the top and bottom were scanned separately due to the size. Thought you might like to see the detail butI also wanted you to see the complete work in the frame. The script is Italic. The tree trunk and fence are cut out of painted cardstock. The 'leaves' are also from painted cardstock painstakingly cut out with curved scissors and pop dotted to sit out in relief....a long and fiddly job! The 'ground' is layers of painted mulberry paper adhered in strips to the background and the raggedy edges left to resemble rough grass.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Joyce, I love everything about this beauty. It's gorgeous!!! I love your beautiful writing (sigh) and the tree, fence and grass are incredible!! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful. I love what you have chosen for the background to the calligraphy. It works beautiful with your amazing artwork.
    J x

    ReplyDelete